After quite some time discussing with folks around me I decided to start writing a plugin to make it easy entering the Affiliates business.
Sometimes folks might have great ideas on paper. Things just tend to become difficult when it’s time to implement on a website. Leveraging the whole WordPress architecture, this plugin should considerably make things easier for booking.com affiliates willing to start moving the needle on their online sales.
What does this plugin do?
- Take the booking.com search box and add it to your site within any widget-ized area.
- Customize that search box with all the booking.com recommended settings. No black magic, just playing by the rules:
- Affiliate ID
- Default destination
- Could be just one city or district
- Could be just one hotel or a chain
- Could be the surroundings of an airport or other POIs
- Search box Label (for your booking.com reporting)
- Width & Heigth
- Text & background color
- Widget title (customize, add or remove)
- Lightweight & much cleaner code than the default booking.com affiliates proposed code.
What this plugin doesn’t do (yet?)
- In the making
- Support dynamic links
- Customize your landing page (embed the booking.com results on your site)
- Out of scope
- Auto applying to booking.com affiliate program. Here’s how you get your affiliate ID.
- Booking calendar
- End to end hotel rooms management solution
Let me know if you have any additional suggestions.
GregShare this: Twitter | Facebook | Delicious | LinkedIn