Dear plugin users,
With the recent launch of V1.5, a number of you did come back with some gaps and examples of where the plugin did fall short.
- A big miss in 1.5 was the inability to apply the color scheme when the searchbox was placed in the body of the page. It only worked in the sidenav. This is now fixed and you can display as many searchboxes on a single page : each will have its own look & feel per your settings.
- For the sites already using a jQuery function (Tabs, accordion, alerts, …), users reported a conflict in between their previous install and the theme packed with this plugin. With this release, you’ll be able to disable the embedded skin that comes with the plugin. This way, the jQuery calendar will leverage your site theme and look even more integrated !
The option is available from the settings page (very last option) :
- The calendar icon is back where it belongs, which should work for most users. However, if need is be, you can easily adjust the padding here: “/includes/shortcode.php”, line 295 & 296.
- Bulgarian is now supported (thanks to Georgi)
2. Under the hood
- I’ve cleaned the translation setup and fixed a couple of characters that didn’t behave nicely. I’ve also compressed the number of lines of code dedicated to translations. The date appearing in the check in / check out will be in local language too.
- I still don’t advise you run multiple searchboxes on the same page, but if you have to, then this should now be mostly working.
- A legacy CSS file is now removed from the archive.
- The plugin is also setup, tested and compliant with WP 3.8.
What’s next ?
I’ve had requests for additional user-level security in the past. It’ll allow sites with multiple contributors to have only the site owner deciding what AID to be used !
I’ll also start looking at the integration of the results within the wordpress site as opposed to a blank new window at booking.com. An easy one in PHP, a bit more tricky within wordpress.
But for now, just one thing to do : go to your WP install and upgrade to the latest version of the plugin… and if you haven’t done it yet, sign up to the newsletter to stay up to speed with what’s going on !
Thanks to all for your valuable inputs !