Ho Ho Ho
As Santa shares love in happiness, I had a few spare hours to make a plugin update. The changes are literally based on your comments for the last few months so keep them coming !
- Updated jQuery library versions
Now pointing to Google’s CDN for version 1.11.2 instead of 1.10.
- Default Searchbox title
After a little bit of rootcausing, I realized a number of users got confused because their searchbox all had the same name : “(no title)”… And in fairness, you don’t really HAVE to add one to get the plugin to do its thing. So I’ve changed the default title text to something a bit more helpful. Of course you can still edit the title, and of course it only applies to this custom type.Also, that also led me to realize there are no mandatory fields in wordpress ! Crazy !
- Calendar CSS Isolation aka “Careful mode”
With the increasing use of jQuery UI in WP themes, more and more plugin users have been complaining about the way the plugin blends into their theme. I’ve added a theme option that will better respect your theme AND the native jQueryUI look & feel.
- Bug fixes
- jQuery calendar url was sometime acting up when using WPML. This is now fixed.
- Insert menu is no longer limited to the 5 latest searchboxes. It’ll go down to the last 25. That should be more than enough for the vast majority of users.
- Edited out some of the CSS. Will be depricated in the future.
- Readjusted the code to align the calendar icons.
See what the demo looks like now on this site.
And that’s it for now. What will come in the future is a more ‘WYSIWYG’ way of building the searchbox. You’ll choose your template (horizontal, vertical, mixed) for each searchbox. That’ll really help you doing nicer integrations and make my life easier too ! Also, this’ll allow for a proper mobile (“touch”) support.
Thanks to Agus, Nicolas, bikingviking and Constantinos for their help beta-testing this release.
If you like the update, feel free to post a review on wordpress.org !